Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When the wind comes


I'm very easily swayed. In so many ways. Its easy to change my mind about a lot of things.

I'm also easily swayed in my emotions. I can be flying high, loving my life, content with my circumstances, proud of my work. And then the next minute, when one little challenge or criticism comes my way, my life is over. I'm in a bad mood, I panic, I feel terrible.

Take today for instance. I was doing wonderfully! I had an awesome day. Then due dates start piling on one after the other. And it would all happen to fall on a week when I'm going out of town for Friday and Saturday.

So, I start to panic. I feel overwhelmed. Woe is me. I stay late at work, take work home, map out my day tomorrow to get the most work done as possible.

But, I can't stand this about myself! I shouldn't be swayed by days like these. Not when I have the Lord that I have, who cares about every detail of my life and has it all under control.

This passage came to my mind as I reflected on the ROCK that I have as my foundation:

If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit--but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock. But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a stupid carpenter who built his house on the sandy beach. When a storm rolled in and the waves came up, it collapsed like a house of cards.

Matthew 7:24-28, The Message

2 comments:

  1. Oh, to be human.
    I am up at 4:20 AM because I have so much work stuff on my mind.
    It will all work out.
    It always does.
    I'm quite confident you are doing a great job.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,please don't add stress on yourself. Just stop and say a short prayer of thanks for what you have.
    Remember you are loved.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete