Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Unplanned Blog Vacation

I've kind of disappeared here lately, and it wasn't on purpose! Wednesday I woke up with a very yucky cold, and I called in to work on Thursday. (It takes a lot for me to do that!) Then on Friday, we left for the annual beach house weekend! My family (mom, 3 sisters, grandparents, aunt and uncle, 2 cousins and miscellaneous friends) rents a beach house for the Labor Day weekend. It also happens to be my grandparents anniversary weekend.

We had an awesome time! It was very uneventful in a good way. We played games, ate lots of yummy food, spent time at the beach and pool, and just talked.

It was a rude awakening to go back to school this morning! It was hard to get back in the swing of things. I'm still struggling with the whole classroom full of strangers thing. I don't feel like I'm really getting through to these kids. And when that's your whole purpose, its very discouraging. I'm hoping and praying that I will begin making connections soon and feeling like I'm being effective! I can't stand going through the day like this.

And now, lucky-me gets to do yard work! I better get it done before Hurricane Hanna gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment