Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's been a year

I can still see it so clearly...

She walks in, hair wind blown, of course, from having her windows down. (No matter how hot it is - that's the way to drive she says.)  Her huge smile graces her face showing bright white teeth.  She hugs me, teasing me at the way I don't squeeze very hard. So she squeezes harder, giving me a little back scratch with her short nails. I squeeze back, giggling.  I notice how warm she is, from having the windows down and the sun shining on her.  She's holding a cup, seems like she always walked in with a cup.  Don't know what was in it ;)  She talks of her latest love:  scuba diving, tattoos, cooking, gardening, making soap from scratch, whatever it may be.  She's got her phone with her, ready to text back with her help if the restaurant is having a problem.  She raves about whatever we are eating.  She uses the word, "awesome."  She glows.  She radiates.  She shines. She's lovely, she really is.

And I miss her. So much it hurts.


(This is something I wrote last year about my sister Kristen.)

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Katie. I will continue to pray that God continues to put His loving salve on your heart.Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious memories of your sister. Thank you for writing them down so those of us who don't know her could get a peek at who she was. Much love to you friend. xo Wyndie

    ReplyDelete
  3. She. Was. Amazing.
    End of story...

    ReplyDelete