Thursday, July 3, 2008

Now summer really begins

Summer school is over! We did some fun stuff on the last day. First, we did our spelling lesson outside! You would think that I let them fly to the moon they were so excited. We used sidewalk chalk for spelling and then of course I let them play for a little bit.



Then we read Bartholomew and the Oobleck by Dr. Suess and made oobleck! Its a mixture of cornstarch and water. It is supposed to be green, but I forgot the food coloring. It is the coolest thing to play with! My kids were happy to play with it for almost an hour. If you have kids, you should try it. It is hard when you touch it, but when you let it go it turns to a liquid. It was messy, though, so I'm glad it was the last day!


Then today I finished putting everything away. I shoved everything into cabinets and cubbies so that the custodians can move furniture and clean. It is funny how high I had to pile the stuff!



On a serious note, DSS came to talk to me yesterday about my student. I basically had to repeat everything I had already said on the phone. Then they talked to the student. I couldn't be in the room, so I'm not sure what happened. I don't know if I'll find out the outcome or not.

Last night I went to church - well, it was actually a work day of sorts for the 4th of July. We are having a huge celebration for the community, and we are expecting 500 guests! I'm on the concessions committee and we are giving out pretzels, snow cones, popcorn, hot dogs, and cotton candy. I am excited but tomorrow will be a long day! I'm praying that the Lord will work tomorrow! I'm also praying for no rain and safety for all of the guests. I just love being with my church family, no matter what we are doing. Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment