Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hungry people

I had so many compliments on my dessert at church tonight! And several comments about how nice it is to have a light, summer dessert. It made me think of the following recipe, that I have yet to try, but I may make next Wednesday. My Grandma B made it for me, knowing my love for strawberries! (When she sent it home with me that evening it didn't even last an hour before I finished it!)

No Crust Strawberry Pie

  • 16 oz fresh strawberries
  • 2 small packages of sugar free vanilla pudding
  • 6 oz package of sugar free strawberry jello
  • 2 cups water
  • Cool whip

  1. Prepare strawberries, cut them in half.
  2. Place them in the bottom of a 10 inch pie plate or pan.
  3. In a medium saucepan combine pudding mix, jello, and water.
  4. Stir well and bring to boil.
  5. Pour mix over strawberries and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
  6. Top with cool whip when serving.

By the way, anyone have a suggestion for a good summer movie? Grandma B and I are due for a movie date, and there hasn't been any good ones out lately, IMO. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. These desserts look great! My niece made "Wave the Flag 'Cheesecake'" for the 4th. It was cute! (though not totally fat free. :)

    ReplyDelete