Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The long-awaited weekend update

I know all 2 of you reading out there are very excited about reading of my weekend activities! So here goes!

Saturday I went to Michael and Jill's house for a fun dinner. They are a sweet couple from church and they invited a bunch of people over to their house Saturday night. I took this Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake that I found on AllRecipes. Now, I don't like to cook or bake, and this cake didn't really require cooking or baking. It was more like putting ingredients together. That's right up my alley. I actually had fun making it.

After dinner we played one of the funniest games I have ever played. I laughed and cried all of my mascara off, and my cheeks actually hurt from smiling so much. I'm thinking of buying this game because it is something my family would have so much fun playing at our annual beach weekend.

Sunday after church I went to my Grandma's house for lunch and we chatted while we waited for the rest of the fam to come over for my birthday party. One of the best things about birthdays in my family is that it brings us all together. (duh!) I have 3 little sisters and we could not be more different but we have such a good time when we get together. One is a restaurant manager, one is a cardiac perfusion student, the youngest is going to be a sophomore in high school and then there's me, an elementary school teacher. So you can see just by our choice in profession how different we are. Seriously, though, when we get together I just love it and I love to drive all of them crazy by taking copious amounts of pictures. (Girls, did you appreciate the lack of photos I took on Sunday?)

Anyway, we had a delicious dinner and I got to open my presents!! Money (yay!) and bath stuff, along with a gift from Kristen and Kelly that is a bit too long of a story to go into at this point. (haha Kristen)

Monday (I know that really isn't part of the weekend but we'll be ok!) was my birthday and I went to my mom's house for dinner. I got presents there too: a iPod Nano (it is SOOO cute!), an ottoman (the kind that the top comes off and you can store stuff inside), and a mini-refrigerator for my classroom (and will store lots of Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry that helps me maintain my sanity during the school day).

It was a great weekend and a great birthday! One more thing that was very cool was I got a bunch of phone calls from people at my church. Even my pastor called me! I thought that was so nice...I LOVE my church.

Now I am off to continue the tedious job of converting wav files to mp3 files for my church's website! Don't worry, I only have to do all the sermons since January! :)

1 comment:

  1. haha, yeah thanks for the lack of pictures. i think i took most of them.....strange, ha

    ReplyDelete