Friday, November 7, 2008

Bad hair day

This morning I was running late, but I had my curlers out on the bathroom counter, so I thought, I'll go ahead and curl my hair today. For some reason I just feel better when my hair is curled!

So I'm walking into work, feeling pretty good about my hair. (Tell me, why does it matter so much?!) As soon as the kids come in, a student announces, "you are having a bad hair day!"

Thanks.

I feel great now.

I think that may have been worse than when I went to work one time with my hair just a bit damp. I didn't have time to fix it. As soon as the kids come in, a girl asks, "Why does your hair look so bad?"

What's worse, knowing you look a bit rough and having someone point it out, or thinking you look great and then being shot down? :)

Kids. You gotta love their honesty.

3 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I thought you hair looked GREAT today! I'm really serious...I haven't seen it curled in a long time and I noticed it, but just didn't say anything. Wish I would have, because now you'll think I'm just saying it to make you feel better!
    Love ya! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could make a list of those "honesty" moments.
    In fact, later I will.
    Too funny.
    I have had comments on my clothes, shoes, weight, hair, fingernails, and toenails.
    All true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you have just set your standard high... and when you don't meet it, they notice.

    As for the kid who commented on the curled hair - you never know - maybe his mom fights to straighten her own hair and when it's curly she calls it a bad hair day - so when yours was curly - the kid just called a spade a spade in his mom's language.

    ReplyDelete