Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ahhhhhhh!!!!

I got the news I have been waiting for today...
I'm going to Thailand this summer!!!
I can hardly contain my smile I'm so excited!

Ok, some background:
I went to Thailand for the summer when I was in college. It was a life-changing experience. I was a summer missionary and my job was to teach English in a Buddhist school. I absolutely feel in love with Thailand while I was there. The people, the culture, the scenery. And I loved the ministry. Every little bit of it. (Well, maybe not some of the weird food!)

Thailand has been on my heart ever since. I've pushed the thoughts and feelings to the back burner as other life events got in the way, but I would still occasionally dream and reminisce about my summer.

Last summer, I started feeling like God was calling me to do something. Yeah, how specific! I started praying and seeking God about His will for my life.

And here I am!

I don't know if this is just a summer thing or if there is more to this. I do know that my dream job is to be a missionary. If God chooses to use me that way, I will gladly go!

More details to come as I learn about it, but until then, here is a map of Thailand so you can see where I'll be! I'll be in the province of Krabi, not sure of the city yet. Krabi is in the south. I actually visited a beach in Krabi the last time I was there! Maybe I can scan some of the pictures in to show you. It is absolutely beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. woo hoo! when? for how long? do you have to raise support for yourself? i need details, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I can tell by your writting how excited you are. We are happy for you but sad for us. How am I going to go through the day without hearing your voice? You will have to record something for me so I can pretend you are here.
    We really are glad that your prayers were answered.
    You will have a wonderful time.
    Love Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Katie! Wow, that is awesome! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always excitement when you answer God's call. :)

    ReplyDelete