Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Two days down!

I'm proud to say that my sister Kelly and I have completed TWO, yes TWO, days of working out!  And I have also spent two days eating very healthily.  Last night I had a dream (after my amazing workout) that I had already lost a ton of weight and my pants were lose. Then I woke up and remembered that I had only completed one amazing workout and even though miracles have been know to happen they didn't happen for me last night.  I'm pretty sore tonight thanks to a machine that Kelly and I call the crazy bike.  This thing is really crazy and I'm sure I look pretty manic when I'm using it!

School was GOOD today.  I know! It was so great I was wondering who had replaced my kids??!  Well, I did have one kid scream out "what the f..!" when I asked him to put his homework in his bookbag, but you can't ask for perfection right?

I also spent some time watching Passion again tonight and it was so good.  I watched Francis Chan preach and he is so passionate and real that I just love listening to him.  One soundbite from his talk:  "I'm going to BEG you to read this book (Bible).  Be consumed by it. Read it for yourself."  It reminded me of something that is said a lot at my church that is the answer to so many questions:  "It's the Word. It's the Word. It's the Word."  I forget that but it is true.  Every time I open the word I realize how true it is.

I found a new blog today:  Equip and Empower.  She said that things are hard to do when you say that you HAVE to do them.  For example, I have to workout.  I have to do my Bible study.  I have to go to church.  They are much easier when you say that you WANT to do them.  I want to be healthy.  I want to grow to be more like Jesus. I want to spend time with the Lord.  So, I'm going to work on changing my thinking.  Instead of HAVING to do things, I'm going to WANT to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment