Sunday, June 12, 2011

My prayers

I have been praying about this trip for months now.  First, praying if it would be God's will, if it would please Him, or if He had something else for me this summer.  I contacted the missionaries there in November, but it wasn't until around February that I really felt as though God had answered my prayers and I decided for sure to go.  Part of it is the love and compassion I have for Thai people.  That is something that is not from me, it's from God.  He put it in me, so that it would motivate me to go!

Once I made my decision, I've been praying for a two things specifically...
  • that God would soften the hearts (and minds) of the teachers and students I meet so that they may want to learn more about Jesus
  • that God would give me the words to say so that I can be clear about my relationship with Jesus and why I love Him
I humbly ask you to join with me in prayer for those things, and while you're at it, here are some requests a little more on the personal side. :)
  • that I wouldn't experience (much) culture shock, or that when I do, I will be able to move through it quickly and easily
  • that I wouldn't experience a lot of homesickness - especially toward the end of my trip.  The last couple weeks have proven to be the hardest when it comes to missing family, friends, and the comforts of America
I feel so blessed to go on this trip! I feel totally wrapped in prayer! (Does that make sense?!) My church prayed for me this morning and my small group prayed with me tonight. I know that these prayers are going before me and that He is in control!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment