Saturday, August 23, 2008

Something

I just have to write something so that my crazy pictures will not be the first thing I see when I look at my blog!

It was AWESOME to stay up late last night! I watched my favorite show, ER, off of Surf the Channel. And then I slept until I woke up naturally, at 10:00! I've only been back to school for a week, and I can already appreciate that!

You want to hear something I've learned this week? The importance of being grateful and thankful. "Thanksgiving is the antidote to worry." Worry and anxiety are opposing forces to prayer. It seems that thanksgiving could be the answer to a lot of my anxiety this week. Want some examples?

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6



Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. - Ephesians 5:4



And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. - Colossians 3:17



always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Ephesians 5:20


Good stuff ~ life changing stuff.

3 comments:

  1. hi Thanks for all your fun and good comments, I love them. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to use some of these on my classroom bulletin board. (I found your blog on Musings of a Housewife) Is that the right name?
    Anyway, I am also a teacher and I have not run across too many teacher's blogs that a) are Christian in theme and b) talk about more than teaching.
    I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran across this scripture today. And it fits right into your post. Funny how God works like that. :)
    Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

    ReplyDelete