Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm still alive

Today was the second day of school, and it really went well. The first day is so stressful for me (I'm sure for the students as well) and I'm glad its DONE! I'm not a big fan of "fluff" and that's all we've been doing so far! But, its necessary, because the students are learning exactly how to walk in line, get a pencil, ask for help, and so on. Its worth it to spend the time teaching these things at the beginning. Then, when we begin the academics, everything *should* flow smoothly!

I have to say that my class has been EXCEPTIONAL! I haven't had any issues at all. The kids do exactly as I ask and seem to be warming up to me and my cheesy smiles all day.

I don't know if its still the honeymoon period or if this class is just plain awesome! I'm hoping for the second. Its got to help that I'm pretty specific and clear about my expectations...so they know what I'm looking for.

Oh man but I'm tired! Its hard to go from
sleeping in + naps + couch time
to
getting up at 5:30 + no naps + on your feet all day!

Which is why I'm going to bed at 9 tonight!

I'm anxious to actually TEACH! I still have a couple of fluff days left and then I will be back in my element.

No comments:

Post a Comment