I'm trying to be green. I'm also lazy, so anything that requires more effort usually doesn't appeal to me! :) But nonetheless, I drive by a huge mountain of a landfill everyday on my way to work and it reminds me that I need to do my part. Here's a few of the things I'm doing:
- I use reusable grocery bags instead of paper or plastic. They are actually much more convenient and easy to carry, and they hold a lot more. You can get them for about $2 at your grocery store.
- I recycle cans. Since I'm a huge diet coke fan, this is big!**
- Whenever I need a new light bulb, I buy the new energy efficient kind.
- I turn out the lights, TV, etc. when I leave the room.
- I only use one napkin instead of 5.
- I have a programmable thermostat and I actually learned how to program it!
- I never use paper or plastic plates at home.
- I try to line dry my clothes whenever possible.
These are pretty self-explanatory and nothing too drastic. But its a start!
Visit Rocks in My Dryer for more tips.
**Actually my grandpa recycles them for me! He takes all the cans to the SPCA, and they get the $$. Thanks papa!