Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This is one of those posts...

...where I have to be real! I'd like to be all, "I'm fine! I'm brave! I'm excited! God's in control!" But the truth is, I'm scared! I'm anxious! I'm nervous!

Ok, enough with all the exclamation marks. But you get the point. These 2 pictures below represent my biggest sources of anxiety. The first picture is of the Suvarnabhumi Airport, and it represents the flight to Thailand. It's going to be long. I've done it before, and I was miserable. Unless you've been on one of these excruciatingly long flights, you just don't get it.

Second, the whole airport thing. If you know me, you know that I'm quite prone to getting lost. I have no sense of direction, and these huge airports frighten me.

Last, the hotel picture represents the night I have to stay in Bangkok alone. I'm staying in the airport hotel, so I won't have to take a taxi or anything. But I've never spent the night alone in a hotel! Really, I've never spent the night alone in any situation like this.



But, and that word is key, I KNOW this is God's will for me. I KNOW He wants me to do this. I KNOW He will protect me. And I KNOW that although it may be tough, it's really not that big of a deal. And it will totally be worth it, when I get to meet all those sweet Thai students and teachers. That is the part I can't wait for!

5 comments:

  1. You know, Katie, I think you're so brave!!

    What is your leaving date?? I want to put it on my calendar so that I can pray, pray, pray for you those few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited for you, Kate. We need to have a party before you leave. Bon voyage celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie , you can it. Remember not to worry.Everything is falling into place and you will be taken care of. We are praying for you.
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I left out the do.

    ReplyDelete