Tuesday, June 9, 2009

His love

It's truly hard to understand His love for us. These passages make it so real...

From a woman who wrote about her husband's response to her double mastectomy:

As we wept and trembled when he took my bandages off the first time, I was so ugly, scarred, and bald. I was in intense grief that I could never be a whole wife to him again. Steve held me tightly and with tears in his eyes said, "Melana, I love you because that is who I am."

I instantly recognized Christ in my husband...No comeliness in us draws Christ's attention; it is only His essence that draws Him to us.
And this one...

Put together all the tenderest love you know of, the deepest you have ever felt, and the strongest that has ever been poured out upon you, and heap upon it all the love of all the loving human hearts in the world, and then multiply it by infinity, and you will begin, perhaps, to have some faint glimpse of what the love of God is.
from Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Oh Lord, give me the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how high, how long, and how deep your love really is. And help me experience your love, though it is so great I may never fully understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment