Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Holding my breath

I feel like I'm holding my breath lately, just waiting for Spring Break! School has been a bit on the stressful side. This is one of those times I wish I could go into details and let it all out on the blog. But I don't need a lawsuit either! Anyway, I am simply looking forward to a week with little to do and a chance to recoup from a couple of crazy weeks.

You know, I have a tendency to think in metaphors sometimes. Its really a strange characteristic, I think. Does anyone else do this? For example, the whole poem I wrote about my tulips was obviously a metaphor for something else. And I was thinking about my current feelings about school, I thought of a roller coaster. Some people get on a roller coaster and scream, throw their hands in the air, and thrill with each scary turn. Other people grip the bar as hard as they can, take a deep breath, and grit their teeth. Right now, I'm definitely the latter. I am getting through this time and bearing it, but I can't wait for it to be over! Just being honest.

Time for me to get busy with my chores, I have a guest coming for Spring Break!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am so with you. I have had nothing but drama, drama, drama in my classroom all week. Our spring break isn't until the week after next, and I am not sure that we will all survive. I'll pray for you ... you pray for me.

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete