Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday


October is Pastor Appreciation Month, which I had no idea about until I received and ingenious email from my smart, thoughtful and fun friend Jill (see, I'm trying to butter her up because I'm sharing HER idea!)

Jill sent an email to a bunch of church members with a calendar on it. Each day had a different person's (or couple's) name on it. You are supposed to do something special for our pastor on your day.

Awesome Jill also sent a list of ideas of things you can do for our pastor and his family. You could make a meal, invite them over, bake cookies, etc. And the best part is that he has no idea that this calendar went out! But by now, the 8th of the month, he may be starting to get an idea that he's getting something special everyday!

I just think this is the best idea. There is no way to truly say thank you to our pastor for all he does for us, but this is such a creative way to show our appreciation.

As for me, I am going to use one of my cards that I made, and I stopped today and got a couple of gift cards for restaurants in our area. I hope our pastor and his family will enjoy a night out!

Check out Rocks in My Dryer for more tips.

PS Thank you Jill for the great idea! I hope you don't mind me sharing it!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! From a pastor's wife, yes they will appreciate it!

    I'm excited for them to be honored and it sounds like you love them.
    Good job!

    That's not an easy job.....Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you reminded me of this month.
    I still have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful idea!! I think I will push that upon some folks myself. :-)
    Chel

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...another pastor's wife letting you know that this is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete