Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday


I'm trying to be green. I'm also lazy, so anything that requires more effort usually doesn't appeal to me! :) But nonetheless, I drive by a huge mountain of a landfill everyday on my way to work and it reminds me that I need to do my part. Here's a few of the things I'm doing:



  • I use reusable grocery bags instead of paper or plastic. They are actually much more convenient and easy to carry, and they hold a lot more. You can get them for about $2 at your grocery store.

  • I recycle cans. Since I'm a huge diet coke fan, this is big!**

  • Whenever I need a new light bulb, I buy the new energy efficient kind.

  • I turn out the lights, TV, etc. when I leave the room.

  • I only use one napkin instead of 5.

  • I have a programmable thermostat and I actually learned how to program it!

  • I never use paper or plastic plates at home.

  • I try to line dry my clothes whenever possible.

These are pretty self-explanatory and nothing too drastic. But its a start!


Visit Rocks in My Dryer for more tips.


**Actually my grandpa recycles them for me! He takes all the cans to the SPCA, and they get the $$. Thanks papa!

2 comments:

  1. Being Green is definitely getting attention these days! We just quit buying papertowels over the past two months, as we seemed to be going through a roll a day! I've started buying the reusable grocery bags, but keep forgetting to take them with me when I head to the store. I suppose I'll start keeping them in my car. Duh! Lightbulb moment! I am also a big time diet coke consumer. I will admit to not recycling those cans as I should. I do during the summer and beginning of the school year, as my kids school has a recycling contest, but should make it a year-long habit. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are trying and that is great. These are some of the things we have been doing too. I've posted on this too in the past. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete