Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Outdoor Adventures

I'm not really an outside kind of girl. I'd like to be in inside, sealed places with no bugs, heat, pollen, or humidity. Unfortunately, I have a yard. It has to be taken care of, but I actually find satisfaction in a nice, neat, edged yard. I even have a small flower bed and am out there every day tending to it.

Well, I am fine with the mowing, edging, weed-whacking and stuff, IF everything works correctly. My lawn mower is excellent and always starts easily. On the other hand, my grandpa gave me his old weed whacker and it worked fine. It was plain but trusty. Then I had the grand idea to ask for a new, fancy weed-whacker/edger all in one. I got one for Christmas and was thrilled.

Its never worked for more than two minutes at a time.

In the meanwhile, old trusty got offended and it decided not to work either.

So, suffice it to say that I will be going shopping tomorrow for a solution to this problem! I'm tired of fixing the string every minute!

In other news, I only have 1 and 1/2 days left! I'm very excited, although I still don't know if I will be teaching summer school. And I still have about 11 more DVDs to burn! They are taking 1-3 hours per DVD! And then, sometimes it spits the disc out in the last minute with an error message. I'm hoping that I will get them all done by tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment